Wednesday, July 16, 2014

McSummer Fest 2014...

I talked to my cousin Kathy McQuillen...yes we have the same name, how kool is that! Growing up neither of us knew each other but there are more similarities than just our name, she has an immediate younger brother with the same name as my immediate younger brother! She and I are both two years older than the aforementioned brothers... 

Anyway she will be picking me up from the Greyhound Bus stop in Ebensburg, PA on Saturday the 26th of July at 9:05 am, and taking me right to our cousin Sharon's house to freshen up for the family reunion!! I will stay with Sharon and Skip on Saturday night and they will take me back to Ebensburg on Sunday evening around 5:00 pm and I will be back in Detroit at around 7:00 am Monday. Twenty four + hours on the bus for ten or so hours with my family, are we dedicated or what. I love these family reunions this will be our third since we all connected 4 or 5 years ago!

I am taking my Virgin Mobile 4G wireless adapter for my laptop with me so we will have wi-fi while at the reunion party and will be able to Skype with family members that cannot attend. We will be at the Portage Pennsylvania Volunteer Firehouse though it is the Portage Firehouse it is located in Cassandra! 

A few years back a friend of mine drove me to Portage for our first reunion and the motel we stayed at...The Cassandra Railroad Overlook Resort...was right next to the building that we found out in the middle of the night was the firehouse! Alarms blaring and sirens screaming my friend Patrick shoots up out of his bed standing in his boxers and ready for a round like a fighter. I gently told him everything was okay and just lie down and get some sleep...this is after driving 9 hours straight through! Another lively adventure with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment