Saturday, July 12, 2014

My Gardening Adventure!

I bet your day was not as action packed as mine! I had purchased some Black Raspberry bushes and they finally came, so I soaked the bare root canes in cool water and took them out back and laid them out how I wanted them Durnham here, Heirloom there...and started digging whoops a few ants better go in and get the ant spray trudge into the house! 

I come back out and spray the ground...dead ants kool! So I dig in again and what is this why are all these bees flying around my head? OH OH OH and ants crawling up leg, I grab my cane and the ant spray and start spraying and swatting soon it calms down. 

Back to planting rats butt I forgot to take the tape off into the house we go to get a knife...come back sit down and dig into the soil again only to find I hit the mother load the ground is WHITE with ant eggs, larvae and wait a darned minute the bees are back only they are not bees they are hornets one got me in the neck (I am highly allergic) get up swinging and spraying again (this has got to be a youtube moment for my neighbors!) 

I give up planting thank my lucky stars I was done but did not water them. Came inside and fumbled through the drawer full of "Ut Oh Kathy Did It Again" to find the benedryl, phew I have a full unopened box of 100 kool! Wait they expired in July 2011 off to the laptop to go on line...to be continued!

1 comment:

  1. Great job Kathy! I hope you are ok after the hornet sting.
    Proud of you!
    More pictures please!
    Cindi www.seeminglyordinary.com

    ReplyDelete