Friday, October 24, 2014

Off to battle the ants and bees and spiders OH MY!

Well tonight at dusk, (because most wasps and bees are nighty night by then) I am going to plant the NEW black raspberry bushes that Direct Gardening http://www.directgardening.com replaced already!  I also use Brecks, http://www.brecks.com and Springhill Nursery, http://www.springhillnursery.com online or catalog...if an item you buy does not flourish within 1 year of planting send them the appropriate (usually the mailing label with packing slip) and they will replace at the correct planting time or as soon as possible! I will not be buying from anyone else again!!!

So far today Twink is like VELCRO she keeps trying to get into my lap! I was busy making an Anniversary Cake for my young cousins Joe and Alexis Doherty, one year today! I absolutely love Alexis sense of style here is the cake I used Picasa to make...


And now that I am finished, I wonder where Twink went? OH right next to me in her commandeered bed, poor Lucky!

Okay in from planting Black Raspberries. Root Hormone check, Preen check, Diatomaceous Earth check, Big Black Spiders...not so much! Though the big black hairy outside ones do not bother me as much as the white skinny house spiders do, they still took me by surprise there were at least 5 of them at one time marching right for me. And with me sitting on the patio not a fast mover on my feet let alone...anyway job done left water on a trickle to give them a soak. This is what I hope for next year...


Gobbled down a can of Dinty Moore and off to the showers! See you all in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment